There are two ways to add themes to a Ghost blog.
- From Admin dashboard - This is the easiest and preferred method.
- Upload a theme manually.
Add theme from admin dashboard
- Login to the admin dashboard of the Ghost blog and navigate to Settings -> Design and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will see the active theme listed there along with some options.
- Click on Upload a theme.
- Drag and drop the zip file of the theme to the upload area.
- After uploading the theme, click on Activate. This will apply the new theme for the blog.
Upload a theme manually
- Login to your VPS or dedicated server.
- Navigate to
content/themes/under the Ghost installation directory. Eg:
- Download the theme using
Eg: wget https://wwww.site.com/mytheme.zip.
- Unzip the file. Eg:
- Login to the admin dashboard of Ghost and navigate to the bottom of Settings -> Design page. You can simply visit https://www.yoursite.com/ghost/#/settings/design.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. You will see the theme listed there. From the options, Click activate.
This is how you can upload and activate a theme in Ghost. If you want to delete a theme, click on the Delete button.
Join the newsletter to get the latest updates.