PHP is an open-source, interpreted and scripting programming language. It is a server-side scripting language. PHP is an acronym for “Hypertext Preprocessor”.
What is PHP?
- PHP is a server-side scripting language.
- PHP is an open-source scripting language.
- PHP is an interpreted language.
- PHP is an object-oriented language.
- PHP scripts execute much faster than many other scripting languages.
- PHP will run on Apache and IIS servers.
- PHP is platform independent.
- PHP is easy to learn.
Did you know?
- Some of the biggest online brands, such as Facebook, Digg, Friendster, Flickr, and Yahoo! are powered by PHP.
- Most popular CMS such as WordPress (powers 31% of the internet) and Joomla is written in PHP.
Looking for a Job as PHP developer? Here's a list of 11 this every PHP developer should know.